www.flickr.com
julep2323's India photoset julep2323's India photoset

Exiting America

I'm in India and like to blog about it.

My Photo
Name:

A self-obsessed postdoc seeking social change, yet trapped in the infinite loop of drama resulting from her simultaneous love/hate relationship with academia.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Route Around India

I've had a few requests to show the route I took across India. For some perspective, I had a month on this trip and saw only a small part of the north of the country. On the other hand, I opted not to be the frenzied see-everything-checklist-style Lonely Planet traveler, and spent a whole week in two different places, outside Dharamsala (in McLeod Ganj and later Bhagsunag) and in Rishikesh.

This map is a little wonky, but at least it's possible to zoom in and out.

2 Comments:

Blogger peacemother said...

I had a little trouble with the map, but thanks.

What did you see in Amsterdam? All I know is you bought a tight sweater, walked around and went to Anne Frank's house.

Your boundless energy boggles my mind!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Julep said...

Well Mom, oddly, that's hilarious and also a fairly good summary of what I did. I went to a few other museums including the rijksmuseum and went for a lot of long walks exploring the city, markets, shops, tulips, and canals. I also ate a lot of food, mostly falafel and frites. And I met tons of interesting people and had a lot of great conversations.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home